WT Online: Low-Bulk Method Pleated Draperies
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
Classes held on Tuesdays at 12:00 pm ET on June 11, 18 and 25, 2024
Cost: $100.00 online class only, or $175.00 online class with supply kit.
Custom, pleated draperies are a timeless style, just as popular today as ever. Draperies provide privacy, light control, insulation, beauty and style. Sewing draperies is a great skill to learn whether decorating your own home or as part of your custom workroom business. In this class you will learn efficient techniques to produce a quality product.
In this 3-week course you will complete a pair of lined, pleated draperies using the low-bulk method. Class sample will be 1 ½ widths each side (3 widths of material) by 30 inches long with French pleats and hand-sewn hems.
- Three 1-hour online interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live and recorded to review later (with 3 months online access after class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions and worksheets
Optional: Supply kit with Hanes Classic Napped Sateen lining, buckram, weights, pin hooks, and fusible tape.
3-Week Course Outline
- Measuring and pre-planning
- Overview of drapery styles and hardware
- Determining fullness
- Figuring yardage and working with pattern repeats
- Selecting fabric and lining
- Overview of materials and supplies
- Measuring and cutting fabric
- Adding lining
- Finishing hems
- Top heading with buckram
- Understanding pleats and spaces
- Discussion of pleat styles
- Sewing and tacking pleats
- Inserting pin hooks
- Dressing and installation tips
This is a beginner-level course. A basic understanding of sewing, and some general tools and supplies are needed to complete this project. You will need: sewing machine, scissors, pins, iron, tape measure & ruler or yardstick, needles and thread.
Class fee with kit ($175.00) includes free shipping in the continental U.S.
This is a home study program. You will receive all of the above-listed materials and supplies so you can complete the class. No refunds provided.