Getting Started with Window Treatment Installation
Instructor: Robin Matthews
Wednesday, March 4 - Thursday, March 5, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm with a 1-hour lunch on your own
There are 3 spots available.
In this class you will learn the fundamentals of installing window treatments from an experienced workroom professional. Robin Matthews will share tips and advice from her long career as a workroom fabricator and installer. This class will build your confidence and knowledge about installation of draperies, top treatments and shades, and working with tools and hardware. You will leave class better prepared to specify and install window treatments on your own.
This class includes:
- How to measure and plan bracket placement based on the hardware.
- A review of drapery hardware and shade lift systems.
- Recognizing perils such as hidden water pipes, metal studs and concrete behind the sheetrock.
- Outfitting the toolbox.
- Using ladders and on-the-job safety.
- Anchors and how they work with hands-on practice.
- Using a stud finder and awl to discover wood or no wood.
- Professional tips for leveling, adjusting and troubleshooting onsite.
- Dressing window treatments.
- Advice and best practices for working with clients and providing installation services
Getting Started with Window Treatment Installation with Robin Matthews
There is a $50 cancellation fee for any class that is cancelled more than 3 weeks before the start date.
If cancelled less than 3 weeks before the class start date, there is no refund but the student can reschedule and select another class, space permitting.