Blackout and Banded Roman Shades Masterclass
Friday, March 6 - Saturday, March 7, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm with 1 hour lunch on your own.
Instructor: Rosemarie Garner
*Must meet a minimum number of students by Feb 7 to hold this class
In this class, you will complete one blackout shade with inset banding on the face, using Rosemarie's favorite techniques for adding ribs and no pinholes of light. Your shade sample will be outfitted with the motorized wand lift system from Pro Design LLC. You will also complete a stationary, relaxed shade with blackout lining and attached return end flaps.
This class includes:
- Fabrication steps to achieve both quality, and efficiency
- How to add ribs to blackout lining
- Materials and tools
- Methods for attaching rings to eliminate pinholes of light
- Creating templates for ring spacing
- How to make and apply inset, mitered banding
- Fabricating to meet cord safety standards
- Adding end flaps and valances to hide the operating system
- Attaching the shade to a motorized lift system
This is an advanced class. Students must have completed Custom Shades: Level I or have practical knowledge and experience with shade making, and using an industrial sewing machine.
Blackout & Banded Roman Shades Masterclass with Rosemarie Garner
Students will bring their own face fabric. All other tools, materials and supplies will be provided by Workroom Tech. Once your payment has been processed, you will receive an email with yardage requirements and other information for attending this class.