WT Online: Basic Hobbled Roman Shade
Instructor: Laurie Medford
Tuesdays at 12:00 pm EST, September 7, 14 and 21, 2021
Hobbled shades are not flat like most roman shades and feature a waterfall of folds from the top to the bottom. In this three-week online course you will complete a lined, board mounted hobbled shade using encased lift cord tape with a basic screw eye and cord cleat lift system. You will provide face fabric, board and weight bar. All other components and lining are included in the class kit. Finished sample shade size is 24 inches wide by 42 inches long.
This 3-week class includes:
- Class supply kit: cotton sateen lining, encased lift cord tape, rings, cord condenser, screw eyes, cord cleat, and warning tags.
- Three 1-hour online, interactive lessons with instructor Laurie Medford presented live and recorded to review later (with 3-months of access online after class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions
- Measuring the window
- Pre-planning and spacing considerations
- Figuring yardage
- Selecting fabrics
- Cut and prep for class project
- Sewing the hobbled shade
- Marking and folding hobbled sections
- Adding encased lift cord
- Weight bar
- Board mounting
- Creating the lift system
- Installation and dressing
- Cord Safety
- Other methods for hobble shade construction
A basic understanding of sewing and measuring is required to complete this course. You will need: sewing machine, scissors, pins, iron, tape measure, needle and thread, staple gun and staples as well as tools to cut a wood headrail and a metal weight bar.
Class fee includes free shipping in the continental U.S.
This is a home study program. You will receive all of the above-listed materials and supplies so you can complete the class. No refunds provided.