WT Online: Basic Roman Shade
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
Thursday's at 12:00 pm EST beginning on November 5 through Novermber 19, 2020.
Registration deadline is October 5, 2020.
Turn your sewing skills into a business or create new window treatments for your home with WT Online sewing classes. Roman shades are one of the most popular styles today. It's a perfect beginner project because it doesn't require a large sewing area, or as much fabric as other window treatment styles.
In this three week online course you will complete a 24" x 42" flat fold, lined roman shade, mounted on a board with screw eyes and cord cleat lift system including components to meet cord safety standards.
This 3-week class includes:
- Basic roman shade project kit with components and supplies needed to complete your project. You will provide your own face fabric - everything else is included: lining, shade rings and cord safety components, installation supplies, weight bar and board cut to size.
- Three 1-hour online, interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live and recorded to review later (with 3-months of access online after class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions
Lesson One, Thursday, November 5, 2020
- Measuring the window
- Overview of a roman shade and how it works
- Figuring yardage and working with pattern repeats
- Selecting fabrics
- Overview of what is included in the shade kit
Lesson Two, Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Measuring and cutting fabric
- Hems and adding lining
- Finishing hems
- Sewing a weight bar pocket
Lesson Three, Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Planning lift lines
- Sewing shade rings
- Board mounting
- Creating a lift system
- Adding lift cord and safety components
This is a beginner level course. A basic understanding of sewing, and some general tools and supplies are needed to complete the project. You will need: sewing machine, scissors, pins, iron, tape measure & ruler or yardstick, needles and thread, staple gun and screwdriver.
Class fee includes free shipping in the continental U.S.
WT Online: Basic Roman Shade with Susan Woodcock (Nov)
This is a home study program. You will receive all of the above-listed materials and supplies so you can complete the class. No refunds provided.
"I've completed 2 online classes with Susan and am signed up for 2 more. I am learning so much! She is generous with her vast knowledge and a really good teacher. If I have questions between classes she is quick to respond and usually adds a link to some new resource I didn't know about. Highly recommend!"