WT Online: Blackout Roman Shade with Ribs
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
1-hour classes at 12:00 pm EST on March 12 and 19, 2024
Roman shades are one of the most popular styles today. It's a perfect learning project because it doesn't require a large sewing area, or as much fabric as other window treatment styles.
In this two week online course you will learn how to make a flat fold, blackout lined roman shade with ribs. This new method developed by Susan Woodcock in 2023 is easy to learn and the finished shade will have no pesky pinholes of light. The class project will use Vako 20.04 headrail system, but any shade lift system can be used with this style of shade.
This 2-week class includes:
- Pre-planning and figuring yardage
- Shade fabrication with hems, ribs and linings
- Adding rings and cord safety components
- Mounting to the headrail with Velcro
- Two 1-hour online, interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live and recorded to review later (with 3-months of access online after class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions
This is a beginner to intermediate level professional course. A basic understanding of sewing roman shades and general tools and supplies are needed to complete the project.