WT Online: Box Pleated Valances
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
Class sessions held on Tuesdays, January 16, 23, and 30, 2024 from 12:00 - 1:00 pm ET
Cost: $100.00 without class kit or $160.00 with class kit
Turn your sewing skills into a business or create new window treatments for your home with WT Online sewing classes. In this class you will learn how to design, draft patterns, and sew pleated valances. With a tailored appearance and endless variations, this is one of the most popular styles in workrooms today.
In this three-week online course you will complete a lined, hemmed, straight box pleated, board mounted valance and a scalloped or arc style valance (that you design!) with contrast lined pleats, micro welt cord, interlining and lining. This valance will be board mounted with Velcro.
This 3-week class includes:
- Box pleated valance project kit with Velcro, micro welt cord, pattern paper and shaper wire. You will need to provide your own face fabric, lining and interlining fabric, and boards.
- Three 1-hour online, interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live.
- Links to view recorded class sessions.
- Written how-to instructions
- Measuring the window
- Review of box pleated valance styles
- Figuring yardage
- Pattern drafting for the first project.
- Cutting fabric for the basic valance
- Sewing seams and hems
- Turning, pres