WT Online: Box Pleated Valances
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
Thursday's at 12:00 pm ET, June 10 - 24, 2021
Turn your sewing skills into a business or create new window treatments for your home with WT Online sewing classes. In this class you will learn how to design, draft patterns and sew pleated valances. With a tailored appearance and endless variations, this is one of the most popular styles in workrooms today.
In this three week online course you will complete a lined, hemmed, straight box pleated, board mounted valance and a scalloped or arc style valance (that you design!) with contrast lined pleats, micro welt cord, interlining and lining. This valance will be board mounted with Velcro.
This 3-week class includes:
- Box pleated valance project kit with Velcro, micro welt cord, pattern paper and shaper wire. You will need to provide your own face fabric, lining and interlining fabric and boards.
- Three 1-hour online, interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live and recorded to review later (with 3-months of access online after class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions
Lesson One, Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST
- Measuring the window
- Review of box pleated valance styles
- Figuring yardage
- Pattern drafting for the first project.
- Cutting fabric for the basic valance
- Sewing seams and hems
Lesson Two, Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST
- Turning, pressing and pleating the basic valance.
- Board mounting
- Design and pattern drafting for the second class project
- Using the pattern to cut valance pieces
Lesson Three, Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 12:00 pm EST
- Sewing cuts together
- Adding micro welt cord, lining and interlining
- Board mounting with Velcro
- Installation tips and other ideas
This is an intermediate level course. Some sewing expereince and basic tools and supplies are needed to complete the project. In additon to the fabric and boards mentioned above, you will need: sewing machine with standard presser foot and a 1/8" welt cord foot or zipper foot for sewing micro welt cord, scissors, pins, iron, tape measure & ruler or yardstick, needles and thread and a staple gun and staples.
Class fee includes free shipping in the continental U.S.
WT Online: Box Pleated Valances
This is a home study program. You will receive all of the above-listed materials and supplies so you can complete the class. No refunds provided.
Susan makes what appears to be a very complicated process so easy to understand! Her teaching is very good. She explains everything so nicely along with a step by step video of her making the treatment while narrating each step. I have taken a number of her online classes and as much as I wish we could have in person classes, Susan has made the online experience as good as being there in person. I look forward to more of her classes!
I've completed 2 online classes with Susan and am signed up for 2 more. I am learning so much! She is generous with her vast knowledge and a really good teacher. If I have questions between classes she is quick to respond and usually adds a link to some new resource I didn't know about. Highly recommend!