WT Online Pro Series: London Shades
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
Classes will be held on Tuesdays, July 16, 23 and 30 at 12:00 - 1:00 pm ET.
In this three-week online course you will learn how to design and sew custom London Shades. This style of shade incorporates pleats for extra fullness with a swag-and-tails appearance when lifted. You will learn how to create a beautiful custom design based on your fabric and window size. Options include; contrast lined pleats, adding welt cord, changing pleat styles and embellishments. The class project will be fabricated with methods and components to meet cord safety standards.
This is an advanced level course. Knowledge of roman shade construction is required.
This class includes:
- Three 1-hour online, interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live and recorded to review later (with 3-months of access online after class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions
To complete your project, you will need face fabric, lining, roman shade rings and cord shroud, welt cord, mounting board and weight bar. The shade shown in this class will be stationary, and not on an operating system. Although a lift system isn't required, you can use most lift systems for this project.
- Measuring and pre-planning
- Figuring yardage and working with pattern motifs
- Selecting fabrics
- Design and proportion
- Pattern drafting
- Cutting fabric and lining
- Sewing methods
- Finishing edges
- Planning lift lines
- Sewing shade rings
- Board mounting
- Adding lift cord and labeling
- Installation and dressing the finished shade
This is an advanced level course. Sewing experience and basic tools and supplies are needed to complete the class project
This is a home study program. You will receive all of the listed class sessions so you can complete the class. No refunds provided.