WT Online Pro Series: Top Down Bottom Up Roman Shade
Instructor: Susan Woodcock
Registration deadline is August 15, 2020. Space is limited.
In this three-week online course you will complete a unique Top-Down/Bottom-Up roman shade mounted on the Coulisse Absolute TDBU lift system. You will learn a new fabrication method that incorporates blackout lining, buckram and ribs. This method creates a beautiful waterfall appearance, no pinholes of light, neat folds and allows for a wider distance between the lift cords necessary for a top down shade.
This is an advanced level course that requires basic knowledge of roman shade construction. Students must have the ability to set up accounts with suppliers to source the professional materials and supplies needed to complete the project (tax ID# and resale certificate) and have a worktable and boiler iron, or comparable steam iron.
This class includes:
- Three 1-hour interactive lessons with instructor Susan Woodcock, presented live and recorded to review later (with 3-months of access after the class is completed).
- Written how-to instructions
- 15% Discount on the Coulisse Absolute TDBU shade kit (to-the-trade only from Raise Your Shade with class discount code) which comes assembled and includes top and bottom rails, two 1:4 heavy duty clutches, cord spools, brackets, lift cord, two bead chain loops, warning tags and chain tension devices.
To complete your project, you will need cotton substrate blackout lining, fusible buckram, blackout tape, fiberglass or wire shade ribs, sew-on Velcro loop strip, roman shade rings and cord shroud, fabric glue. You will receive a detailed supply list upon registration.
Lesson One, September 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm EST
- Measuring and pre-planning
- Figuring yardage and working with pattern repeats
- Review of tools and supplies needed to complete the project
- Cord safety
- Cut plan
Lesson Two, September 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm EST
- Buckram fold blackout ribbed roman shade step-by-step
Lesson Three, September 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm EST
- Attaching the shade on the lift system
- Labeling and installation
- Valance ideas
- Q and A
WT Online Pro Series: Top Down/Bottom Up Roman Shade
This is a home study program. You will receive all of the above-listed information so you can complete the class. No refunds provided.