On this episode of The Sew Much More Podcast: 30 Minutes with Workroom Tech, Ceil DiGuglielmo and Susan Woodcock welcome Caleb Snead from Wolff Industries, Inc. as their special guest. Caleb knows scissors!
You can listen here: Episode 67: Scissors Q & A - Part One
You can view the Wolff Industries catalog here:
Because there were so many questions this topic will be covered in two episodes. Enjoy this episode and then tune in to Episode 68 / Scissors Q & A - Part Two, on Wednesday, October 5, 2022.
Ceil DiGuglielmo, Susan Woodcock and Caleb Snead recording the podcast by Zoom
This episode covers the most common questions about scissors from students at Workroom Tech. You will also learn scissor terminology and interesting facts.
The most common questions from students...
1) How do you know what length of scissors to buy and do longer scissors cut faster?
2) How often do I need to have scissors sharpened?
3) Why are the same brand and model of Kai scissors cheaper from some companies than buying directly from Wolff Industries?
4) Can you over-sharpen scissors?
5) Is it really that bad to cut paper with scissors?
6) Do you need different scissors for different fabrics?
7) What is better... plastic handles or all metal scissors?